Help Build a Youth Center on Pine Ridge!

Help the Wounded Knee Community Development Corporation (WKCDC) employ youth to renovate this old one-room schoolhouse into their own youth center! They need to raise $5000  by June 30th to purchase the remaining supplies for the project.

Pine Ridge youth want to renovate this old one-room school house into their own youth center.

The Wounded Knee CDC has been approved to administer funding from the Federal Job Training Partnership Act, enough to pay approximately 40 youth (ages 14-22) from the district to transform an old one-room school-house into the Wounded Knee Youth Programs Facility. However, the funding does not cover the entire amount needed for materials and supplies.

They Need Your Help! Your donation will not only help create a youth center, it will also provide valuable job training for youth in one of the poorest counties in the United States.

Village Earth has created a special fund to receive donations for their project.  All donations received through this fund are 100% tax-deductible. 90% of the funds will go directly to purchase materials and supplies for the project, the remaining 10% will cover transactions feeds, administration and promotional expenses of Village Earth. For the long-term, the Youth Center will be managed and maintained by the Wounded Knee CDC.

To support this project, donate and join our fundraising team at

Be sure to let your friends know about this campaign on Facebook and Twitter by using the buttons below!


  1. Therese says:

    Yikes – the “Donate” link goes to an error page –

  2. The old school appears from the photo to be isolated from any community. I realize that may be a camera angle issue, but where is the building located in rlationship to a town? how accessible will it be to kids?

    • Hi Roger, it’s located about .5 miles from Manderson SD and 3 miles from Wounded Knee. Since it’s for the entire district, they’re locating it halfway between the two most populous towns. It must be emphasized that a big part of this project is training in youth in construction and job skills.

  3. We are now using Crowdrise for our donation processing! Please become a team member!

  4. David, I am David Reed from Texas, We will be the one coming up to build the pallet house for Walter Yellowhair and Earth Tipi in July, I would love to donate a day or 2 to helping with this project while we are there!!

  5. Pamela Johnson says:

    Is this petition still available! I would like to send this around~what a nice old school~be a perfect project to bring pride to the kids


  1. […] Village Earth – Pine Ridge Youth Centre […]

Leave a Reply